Monday, January 4, 2016

Thank Goodness that is over!

The holiday season isn't always the best season for me.  I neglected too much during the holidays so I could try to make sure we had a really good Christmas.  I'm somewhat anal that way.  I think it's because in the past I haven't been the greatest person, so I find myself overcompensating and working very hard to try to make things perfect.

Sometimes it works, sometimes I fail.  I think I did a ok job this year but I had somewhat of a writer's block.  Or I just didn't give a shit, your choice

But I'm back in the saddle.  I don't usually make New Years resolutions because I really suck at them.  My best bet for keeping a resolution is to resolve to not make resolutions.

This year is going to be different I hope.  Today I didn't start what I wanted to though.  I need to move more.  I've been working on that but I really had planned on starting my walking again.I have been doing more around the house.  That is the beginning.  I've also been given exercise bands and I've recorded "Sit and Be Fit" at least 18 times.  I've got to get my butt in gear.  For two reasons.  I need to get some more weight off.  I need my hip replaced.  I want to live.  Wait a minute, that's three things.  Crap.

Of course I didn't follow my diet over the holidays.  Not really.  Did you really think I would?  Sorry if I let you down.  It was really hard to not have a sliver or 10 of pie.  It was really hard to not have that cornbread dressing.  This year I really outdid myself with the dressing.  It so good!!  Maybe I need to update recipes too.  Hmmmm

Anyway I digress.  Where was I?  Oh yeah.  Exercise.  This isn't going to be easy.  There's a big part of me that is a huge couch potato.   But in order for me to achieve my goals I have to just get up off my ass.  I want to have my hip replaced.  I really can picture myself going to a gym and exercising.  I have to make this happen.  I'm not going to be able to sit on my butt and daydream myself to good health. 

So a new year begins.  I'm going to try to post more to my blog.  I'm going to try to put up more recipes.  I'm going to try to exercise more.  I cannot fail myself any longer.

Just hide and watch.



No comments:

Post a Comment