Sunday, November 8, 2015

I am like Cher

If you have ever been to a Cher concert you know that every now and then she jokingly (or maybe not) talks about how good it is to be Cher. Sometimes I feel like I am emulating Cher in my life right now. It is so good and I am so happy that all I want to do is tell people how good it is and to help people smile.  Then something goes wrong.  I sometime think it's a face slap to say "Get a grip!"
 
Last night I was up rather late helping a online friend.  As some of you know and are aware it's very possible to have a good friend you have never met in person. I do not for one moment regret helping this friend: I am just stating a fact that I was up late didn't go to bed until about 1 a.m. and I was glad to do it. It was a very worthwhile reason for me being up so late.  At least it wasn't insomnia.   Strange things begin to happen as I was helping this friend. Our ice maker that has been on the fritz and not working for a couple months had all of a sudden started working.   I don't know how I don't know why, I am just glad.  It was just weird and made me think of the "A Haunted House" shows I was watching the night before.  (cue spooky music).  When I went to bed I fell to sleep rather quickly. 
 
This morning I am asleep enjoying my dreams in blissful slumber when all of a sudden I hear this incessant beeping. Beep beep beep.   I don't know where it's coming from.   It's a sound that is foreign to me and quite frankly scares the shit out of me.  I'm not sure if there's a bomb in my room or what the hell is going on.  All I know is it rudely woke me and I'm someone freaked out.  I look at my phone.  5:30 AM WHAT THE HELL!!!  I yell to the hubby not once but twice as the beep beep beep continues annoying the hell out of me.  It seems like he is crawling to come to my aid.   Now I know I could have gotten my fat ass up but I was enjoying the comfort of my bed.  I didn't want to get out of bed,  I just wanted the damn beeping to stop.  After what seems like an eternity my hubby finally makes it into the bedroom armed with a flashlight.  I guess he's going to beat the beep beep beep to death with the flashlight, I'm not sure.  He shines the light around various areas and discovers the source of the damn beep beep beep.  It is my alarm going off.   I know your some of you hear your alarm multiple times a week however since I have been blessed with early retirement, I haven't heard that alarm clock since June 29, 2012.  I had procrastinated in moving the clock back last week. He was helping by setting the clock and also unknowingly set the alarm at 5:30am by mistake.
 
I should have been grateful to him but that beep beep beeping was grating on my last nerve.  He finally stopped it and  I forgave him, got up to go to the restroom and get myself some water. My thinking was that I would take my morning pill and doze off to get a few more hours of sleep.  All of a sudden the dadgum beeping started again.  He had not turned it off;  he had only pushed snooze. At this point it's a good thing I don't sleep with a gun by my bedside (note to criminals - don't test me) because I would have killed that alarm clock deader than dirt. I yelled again to my hubby "it started back up!"  Yes I'm still lazy and don't want to get out of bed.  He came running back into the bedroom realizing he no longer knows how to operate the alarm he unplugged it and rushes it out of the room.  I never got back to sleep.
 
The real question is, did hubby really accidently set the alarm or was it part of the same cosmic energy that suddenly made the ice maker work?  Were these strange happenings an indication of my house and belongings being possessed by some type of spirit?  Or, did I watch too much of A Haunted House Friday Night.  Things to ponder....
 
Yes it's good to be Cher.....I mean Connie!

No comments:

Post a Comment